AUDS ANTI-UAV DEFENCE SYSTEM
► Detect - Blighter A400 Series Air Security Radar
► Track - Hawkeye DS and EO Video Tracker
► Defeat - Directional RF Inhibitor
AUDS (Anti-UAV Defence System) is a strategic C-UAS system, designed to disrupt and neutralise UAVs engaged in hostile airborne surveillance or other malicious activities.
The Anti-UAV Defence System (AUDS) is designed to disrupt and neutralise Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) engaged in hostile airborne surveillance and potentially malicious activity.
AUDS combines electronic-scanning radar target detection, electro-optical (EO) tracking/classification and directional RF inhibition capability.
AUDS is a smart-sensor and effector package capable of remotely detecting small UAVs and then tracking and classifying them before providing the option to disrupt their activity. The system may be used in remote or urban areas to prevent UAVs being used for terrorist attacks, espionage or other malicious activities against sites with critical infrastructure.
Anti-UAV Defence System Team
The AUDS team brings together three leading UK companies, each with the unique capabilities required to create an effective counter UAV system.
The Blighter A400 series air security radars are able to detect small UAVs in all weather conditions, 24 hours a day flying in urban areas or near to the horizon. The Chess Dynamics Hawkeye Deployable System (DS) and EO Video Tracker, featuring both a long range colour camera and a high sensitivity Thermal Imager (TI), along with state-of-the-art video tracking technology, is able to track the UAV and, combined with radar target information, classify the target. The operator is then able to make a timely and informed decision to use the Enterprise Control Systems (‘ECS’) smart RF inhibitor to selectively interfere with the C2 channels on the UAV allowing the system to defeat the UAV’s mission. The smart RF inhibitor uses directional antennas to achieve maximum range of operation with minimum collateral effect.
Blighter A400 Series Air Security Radar
- Detection range: 10 km
- Minimum target size (RCS): 0.01 m²
- Frequency band: Ku-band
- Radar type: E-scan Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) Doppler Surveillance Radar
- Power output: 4 Watt
- Azimuth coverage: 180° (standard) or 360° (optional)
- Elevation coverage: 10° (M10S antennas) or 20° (W20S antennas)
- Elevation adjustment: -40° to +30° using optional Blighter Radar Tilting System (BRTS)
Hawkeye DS and EO Video Tracker
- Viper Dynamic Positioner:
- Azimuth: Continuous
- Elevation: -50° to +60°
- Max speed: 60° per second
- Piranha 46 HR Camera:
- Type: Colour HD 2.3 MP
- Optical zoom: x30
- Digital zoom: x12
- Focus: Auto
- Thermal Camera:
- Type: Gen 3 Cooled
- Resolution: 640 x 512 pixel
- Wavelength: 3 to 5 µm
- Zoom: 24° to 1.8° FOV
- EO Video Tracker:
- Type: Vision4ce digital video tracker and detector
- Optical Disruptor (Option):
- Type: 1.4° high intensity beam
Directional RF Inhibitor
- High gain quad-band antenna system (penta-band 5.8 GHz option)
- Disruption/inhibition delivers operational effect
- Custom inhibition waveforms specific to the threat
- Includes GNSS frequencies
- Software defined intelligent RF
- Optimised disruption profiles
- RF output power: Details available upon request
Errors and omissions excepted. Blighter radars are protected by a number of international patents. The Anti-UAV Defence System (AUDS) is patent pending. The AUDS name is a registered trademark. The AUDS team reserves the right to modify specifications without notice. The purchase of this equipment is subject to export licence approval. The Blighter name is an international registered trademark.
AUDS datasheet: 02-10-19